Home Courses Sound & Vibration
Product Validation : Sound & Vibration Testing
Course Structure Description
There is increasing pressure to make life, quieter and to gain a better understanding of how noise and vibration affect people. Here you would learn fundamental sound and vibration concepts and measurements. You will focus on learning transducers, sensors, Instrumentation, data acquisition, data analysis and reporting. Topics include understanding the Signal processing, Signal to noise ratio, calibration, etc. It might also include basic modelling to study results graphically.
Target Audience• This can be learned at early stages of Engineering analysis career.
• Student of engineering discipline like Mechanical, Automotive, Production & Industrial;
• 3rd year onward can also qualify to take this course.
1. Engineering Products and Engineering Acoustics
• Classification, types, subassembly and assembly, etc.
• Sensors, transducers, FFT analyzers, Calibrations, etc.
3. 2D and 3D CAD
• 3D modelling, Detailing, Assembly, GD&T, etc.
4. Signal Processing
• Introduction to linear systems and frequency analysis
5. Fundamentals of Sound, Acoustics and Vibrations
• Human Responses to Sound and Vibrations
• Architectural and Building Acoustics
• Noise Control Engineering
• 6. Sound and Vibration measurements
• Microphone, Accelerometer Calibration, instrumentation, Sound Pressure levels, Sound Intensity, Sound Power, data acquisition, Analysis, etc.
7. Standards and Regulations for Noise
• Overview of ISI, ISO, ECE, noise standards etc.
8. Structural Dynamics, and Simulation
• Numerical Methods for Acoustics
• Test Data simulation and reporting, etc.
9. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.