Product Verification: Aircraft Structural Analysis
Course Structure Description• At IKSC, students can learn about the evolution of aircraft industry, current growth, Design philosophy, Detailed design considerations for aircraft.
• This learning will help student to learn the analysis tools and procedures used in this industry
Target Audience:• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students & professionals from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, Production, Aeronautical and pilots with an engineering background can opt for this course.
1. Evolution & Growth of Aerospace Industry
• Classification & Aerospace Terminologies.
• Construction, Regularly requirement, Units / Consistency.
2. Airplane Basics
• The technologies involved in various system, Specification, Major functions, Evolution, Different types of constructions & Benchmarking etc.
• Material - Specifications, Selection, Database search, manufacturing processes etc.
3. NPI for Airplane
• Overview of Aircraft design program, design Principles, role and responsibilities of a team.
• Design concepts, aerodynamics, structure & mat, propulsion, system and equipments, weights, performance, stability & control.
4. FE-modelling in HyperMesh & PATRAN
• Meshing of aero components, quality checks & error
• Spot Welding, Modal Run & Model Check.
5. Model Buil up / Solution ( NASTRAN )
• Introduction, Materials, Control Cards, Constraints, Boundary Conditions, error & FAQ
• Basic modelling, Detailing & Parametric modelling
• CAE analysis for strength and stiffness
6. CAD , GD&T ( Creo 2.0, CATIA)
7. Six Sigma (Theory and application)
• DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) Six Sigma Program
• DFSS (Design for Six Sigma)
8. Manufacturing and Assembly
• Component Manufacturing & Assembly,
• Die design and Tooling
10. Aircraft Flying Basics