Product Verification : Non Linear / Impact Analysis
Course Structure Description
• This course is designed for existing and new users.
• You will focus on learning core automotive safety evaluation, modelling and analysis skills.
• Topics include understanding the Automotive engineering basics, subsystems, assembly and load path.
• It includes basic finite element analysis, its application and modelling techniques.
• On the Pre-processing tool, it covers meshing guidelines, quality checks, material properties, batch meshing, penetration removal, spot welding, etc.
• It covers in detail, LSDyna, material, contact cards, constraints, BC, control cards, and practice examples.
• An overview of US, Europe regulations and the 5-Star rating is included. Last part covers Analysis Deck preparation, load path, energy absorbers, and Simulation.
• This can be learned at early stages of Engineering analysis career. Student of engineering discipline like Mechanical, Automotive, Production, Industrial; 3rd year onward can also qualify to take this course.
1. Engineering Products, Packaging Basics
• Classification, types, subassembly and assembly, brief of regulation, etc.
2. Finite Element Methods
• Application of Finite element Methods, Different Elements in FE. modelling Techniques, etc.
3. FE-modelling in Hypermesh / ANSA
• Meshing of BIW Components, Guidelines , Quality Checks, Material, Removal of Penetrations, etc.
• Spot Welding, Zero Run, LS Post Model Check
4. Solution (eg. LS-DYNA, midasNFX)
• Introduction, Materials, Contact Cards, Constraints, Boundary Conditions, Control Cards, Database Cards, error debug, etc
• Pre and Post processing in Primer
5. Standards and Regulations for safety, handling
• Overview, ISI, ISO, ASTM, US & Europe Req., etc.
6. Analysis Deck Preparation, Simulation, Post-Processing, LSPOST, PRIMER
• Defining Load Path, Energy Absorbers, Analysis chk Setup, Running The Deck, Post-Processing
7. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills