Home Courses Electrical, Electronics, E&TC, Instrumentation Specializations
Electrical, Electronics, E&TC, Instrumentation Specializations : Wiring Harness / Cabling Design
Course Structure Description:Automotive Wiring Harness/ Cabling design has been a prime importance in functional performance of a vehicle. Industry need expertise that will help them in innovative high efficient and low cost design. This course will help to use Schematics to create schematic diagrams for electrical harness, how to configure the catalog library, how to create functional block diagrams and block interconnect diagrams. This course is for those who what to stand out as a Electrical wiring harness design expert.
Target Audience:• This can be learned at all stages of engineering career.
• Students of engineering discipline like Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, E&TC.
• 3rd year onward can qualify to take this course.
1. Products and Manufacturing Engg Basics
• Classification, types, assembly, Electricals etc.
2. Electrical basic
• Building wiring design
• Specification, Major functions, etc.
• Connectors, Evolution, Different types of const, etc.
• Material - Specifications, Selection, Database search, etc.
3.NPI - New Product Introduction
• Wiring design Principles, role & responsibilities of team, etc
• BOM, Subsystems, Part nomenclature, etc
4. Electrical CAD ( Creo 2.0, Schematics, CATIA, RSD, Cabling,)
• 2-D CAD, schematic design, processes for electrical harness designs, Create and configure the catalog library
• Create functional block diagrams (including block interconnect diagrams), etc.
• 3D CAD Mechanical, GD&T, 3D CAD Electrical, Create circuit diagrams, Create wiring diagrams (including wire interconnect diagrams), etc.
• Reverse Engineering.
• Create process and instrumentation design diagrams, etc.
• CAE analysis for strength and stiffness
5. Quality Standards
6. Six Sigma (Theory and application) : DMAIC & DFSS
7. VA/VE, and PLM/PDM Overview
8. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.