Product Design: POWERTRAIN/TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS
Course Structure Description• Automotive Powertrain/ transmission system has a prime importance in reflecting the character and performance of the vehicle.
• Automobile industry need an expertise that can help them with innovative light weight and high performance designs.
• This course will help students stand out as an Automotive Transmission Design Experts.
Target Audience• Students at an early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial and Production.
• Third year students from above profession can also go for this course.
1. Automotive / Machine Basics
• Classification, types, subassembly and assembly, etc.
2. Automotive Powertrain basic
• Specification, Major functions, Evolution, Different types of const, Benchmarking etc.
• Material - Selection, Search, manufacturing processes etc.
3. NPI and Powertrain Development
• Overview of product design program, Subsystem design Principles, role and responsibilities of team, etc
• BOM, Subsystems, Part nomenclature, etc
• Design Process for Gear, shaft, gearbox, flange, etc., Packaging, Kinematics, Costing, Fit and Finish, etc.
4. DFM, DFA, DFMEA, Quality Standards, DFR
5. Manufacturing Design and Processes
• Mold Design, Casting, Forging, etc.
6. CAD, GD&T (CREO, Schematics, Simulate, tolerance analysis)
• Basic and advance modules in CREO, Mechanism design, synthesis, sheet metal, Behavior modelling, Mathcad, etc
• Model Preparation from IGES, from 2D dRG, Detailing, etc.
• Pro Mechanica/CAE analysis for strength and stiffness
7. Six Sigma (Theory and application)
• DMAIC; DFSS
8. VA/VE, Reverse engineering
9. PLM /PDM Overview (Pro Intralink / Windchill)
10. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.