Product Design: Automotive Interior
Course Structure Description• Automotive interior has a prime importance in reflecting the character of a vehicle.
• Industries need an expert that will help them with creative interior designs.
• This course is for those who want to stand out as an Automotive Interior Design expert.
• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial and Production.
• Third year students from above profession can also go for this course.
1. Automotive Interior Basics:
• Branding, specification, major functions, & customer expectations
• Evolution, Different types of Const, Benchmarking etc.
• Material- Plastic Specifications, Selection, Database search & Manufacturing process
2. NPI & Auto Interior Development
• Overview of Vehicle design program, Interior designing milestones, role and responsibilities of team.
• Interior BOM, Subsystems & Part nomenclature.
• Design Process, Packaging data, Kinematics, Costing, Fit and Finish.
• Design calculations, Empirical approach, Guidelines.
3. DFM, DFA, DFMEA, Quality Standards, DFR
4. Manufacturing Processes
• Molding & more.
5. CAD, GD&T (3DCS, CETOL tolerance analysis)
• Model Preparation from IGES, from Class A surface, Missing surface, Draft etc.
• CAE analysis for strength and stiffness
6. Six Sigma (Theory & application)
• DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) Six Sigma Program
• Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
7. VA/VE, and PLM Overview
8. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.