Product Design: Automotive Chassis System
Course Description• Automotive Chassis has been a very important section in reflecting the character and performance of a vehicle.
• Industry needs expertise that will help them in innovating low weight high performance design.
• This course is for those who want to stand out as an Automotive Chassis Design expert.
Target Audience• This can be learned in all stages of an engineering career.
• Students of engineering discipline like Mechanical, Automotive, Production and Industrial.
• Third year onwards can also qualify to take this course.
1. Automotive Brakes, Suspension, Steering basic .
• a) Specification, Major functions, Evolution, Different types of constructions, Benchmarking etc.
• b) Material – Selection, Search, manufacturing processes etc.
2. NPI and Product Development for these systems
• Overview of product design program, Subsystem design Principles, role and responsibilities of team, etc .
• BOM, Subsystems, Part nomenclature, etc
• Design Process for Gear, shaft, gearbox, flange, Springs, etc.; Packaging, Kinematics, Costing, etc.
3. CAD, GD&T ( creo, Schematics, Simulate, tolerance analysis)
• Basic and advance modules in creo, Mechanism design, synthesis, sheetmetal, Behavior modelling, Mathcad, etc.
• Model Preparation from IGES, from 2D drg, Detailing, etc.
• CAE analysis for strength and stiffness.
4. DFM, DFA, DFMEA, Quality Standards
5. Manufacturing Design and Processes
• Mold Design, Casting, Forging, etc.
6. Six Sigma (Theory and application) and DFR
• DMAIC; DFSS
7. VA/VE, Reverse engineering
8. PLM /PDM Overview ( Pro Intralink / Windchill)
9. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.