Product Verification : Product NVH Analysis
Course Structure Description
• This is an advance course designed for existing and new users.
• Learn core noise, vibration and harshness relevant to the automotive industry.
• The vehicle automotive NVH course includes understanding of topics like the basics of automotive engineering, load path, noise versus sound and more.
• Basic NVH analysis- normal mode frequency responses, random vibration with PSD input, point mobility, acoustic, sound pressure levels, sound Intensity and sound power are also included.
• Acoustics, Vibro acoustic analysis, its application and modelling techniques.
• In pre-processing tool- topics are meshing guidelines, quality checks, material properties and more.
• Software training on NASTRAN and SYSNOSE.
• Various industry practice overview, U.S. and Europe- regulatory requirements on NVH is included.
• Later part of the course structure covers problem definition, formulation, modelling, deck preparation and simulation
• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial and Production.
• Third year students from above profession can also go for this course.
1. Automotive / Aeronautics / Industry Equip Basics
• Classification, types, assembly and sub-assembly
• Regulation briefs and more
2. Acoustic, Sound, Noise, Vibration Basics:
• Theory, practice, Simulation
• Instrumentation, calibration and measurements.
3. Finite Element & Boundary Element Methods:
• FEM, BEM, Linear and coupling modelling and Analysis.
• FE-modelling in Hypermesh and (ANSA/PATRAN)
• Meshing of auto components, spot welding, modal run, model check, quality checks and errors.
4. FE-modelling in HyperMesh / (ANSA or PATRAN)
• Meshing of auto Comp, Quality Checks, error, etc. Spot Welding, Modal Run, Model Check, etc
5. Model build up/Solution (NASTRAN):
• NASTRAN Introduction.
• Constraints, materials, control cards, boundary conditions, error, FAQs etc.
6. Acoustic Modelling (SYSNOISE/ ACTRAN):
• SYSNOISE/ ACTRAN Introduction.
• Problem setting, modelling, absorbing materials, Acoustic grid, and more.
7. Auto Domain (Theory & Application):
• Detailed process for specific application analysis, eg Sound Pressure, Sound Power, Intensity, Interior, exterior Noise, modelling, Design optimization, etc.
8. Analysis Deck Preparation , Simulation, Post-Processing
• Deck Setup, Running The Deck, Post-Processing
9. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.