Product Verification : Durability Analysis
Course Structure Description
• This is an advance course designed for existing and new users.
• Learn core automotive structural durability modelling and analysis skills.
• Topics include- Basics of Automotive Engineering, assembly, load path and life estimation.
• It will also include- linear and non-linear finite element analysis, its applications and modelling techniques.
• In pre-processing tool- topics are meshing guidelines, batch meshing, spot welding, quality checks, and material properties.
• Software training on NASTRAN and ABAQUS.
• Overview of different industry practices and U.S. and European manufacturer requirements are included.
• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial and Production.
• Third year students from above profession can also go for this course.
1. Basic of Fatigue analysis:
• Theory and practice, Automotive Subsystems, etc
• Linear & Non Linear FE modelling, Analysis, etc.
2. Basic Product Design and Development
• One CAD tool, Detailing, Drafting, Assembly, Overview of the design program, role and responsibilities of a team, etc
• Integrated CAE analysis
3. FE-modelling in HyperMesh and (ANSA /PATRAN):
• Meshing Body in White (BIW) Components, Guidelines, Quality Checks, errors and more.
• Modal Run, Model Check and Spot Welding.
4. Solution (NFX, MSC FATIGUE, NASTRAN & ABAQUS):
• NASTRAN, NFX, ABAQUS & MSC FATIGUE Introduction.
• Materials, Control Cards, Constraints, Boundary Conditions, errors and FAQ.
5. Auto Domain (Theory & Application):
• Overview of auto domain
• Detailed process for specific analysis of automotive application. Eg. Lower control arm, Sheet-metal fatigue, K member, Door Sag, K member, Seal Load, Upper frame and more
6. Analysis Deck Preparation, Simulation, Post processing:
• Deck Preparation, Simulation. Post- Processing TBD set-up.
• Running the deck, Post- processing etc.
7. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc