Product Development, Operation & Manufacturing
Course Structure Description•Manufacturing has been a prime importance in growth of any country. It reflects the maturity of products and its global acceptance.
• Industry need expertise that will help them in reducing manufacturing cost, improve cost and reduce time to market.
• This course is for those who want to develop careers, in supporting role.
Target Audience• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career
• Students from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial and Production.
• Third year students from above profession can also go for this course.
1. Manufacturing Industry Basics
• Automotive, Const Equip, White goods, Classification, etc.
2. One Specific Industry
• Growth, Challenges, Customers, Globalization, Branding, Specification, Major functions, etc.
• Material - Specifications, Selection, Manufacturing processes etc.
3. Basic Product Design and Development
• One CAD tool, Detailing, Drafting, Assembly, Overview of the design program, the role and responsibilities of a team.
• Change Management, Production request, etc
• Costing, Inspection, Fit and Finish.
4. DFM, DFA, DFMEA, Quality Standards, DFR 5. Manufacturing Processes
• Molding, Die design and Tooling.
• Business planning and Finance, Business Intelligence, QlikView,
• SAP/ PLM Overview
• Entrepreneurship, Project Management and Program Management
7. Six Sigma (Theory and application): DMAIC
8. VA/VE, and PLM Overview
9. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Management, Project Management, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.