Product Verification :- DURABILITY
Course Structure Description
• This is an advance course designed for existing and new users.
• Learn core automotive structural durability modelling and analysis skills.
• Topics like- Basics of Automotive Engineering, load path and life estimation will be included in the course structure.
• It will also include- linear and non-linear finite element analysis, its applications and modelling techniques.
• In pre-processing tool- topics are like meshing guidelines, batch meshing, spot welding, quality checks, and material properties.
• Software training on NASTRAN and ABAQUS.
• Overview of different industry practices and U.S. and European manufacturer's requirements are included.
• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial and Production.
• Third year students from above profession can also go for this course.
1. Automotive Operation Basics:
• Classification, types, assembly and sub-assembly
• Regulation briefs and more
2. Basic of Fatigue analysis:
• Theory and practice
3. Finite Element Methods (FEM):
• Finite element Methods.
• Linear and Non Linear Finite Element modelling and analysis.
4. FE-modelling in HyperMesh and (ANSA /PATRAN):
• Meshing BIW Components, Guidelines, Quality Checks, errors and more.
• Modal Run, Model Check and Spot Welding.
5. NFX, MSC FATIGUE, NASTRAN & ABAQUS:
• NASTRAN, NFX, ABAQUS & MSC FATIGUE Introduction.
• Materials, Control Cards, Constraints, Boundary Conditions, errors and FAQ.
6. Auto Domain (Theory & Application):
• Overview of auto domain
• Detailed process for specific analysis of automotive application.
Eg. Lower control arm, Sheet-metal fatigue, K member, Door Sag, Seal Load, Upper frame and more.
• Deck Preparation, Simulation. Post- Processing TBD set-up.
• Running the deck, Post- processing etc.