Job Targeted training- CAD
Course Structure Description
CAD has prime importance in increasing reuse and productivity in product design. Industry need experts that will help them in converting the existing 2D drawing to 3D and creating innovative product designs. This course is for those who want to stand out as an Automotive Interior Design expert
• This can be learned in all stages of an engineering career.
• Students of engineering discipline like Mechanical, Automotive, Production, Industrial & more.
• 3rd year onward can qualify to take this course.
1. Engineering basic :
• Fundamentals, Design concepts, SOM, Mechanics, Ergonomics etc.; Material, manufacturing processes study : Plastic, Sheetmetal, Casting, Specifications, Selection, Database search, etc.
2. NPI and Design Process :
• Design program, Design milestones, role and responsibilities of team, BOM, Subsystems, etc
• Design steps, Packaging, Kinematics, Costing, Fit & Finish.
• Design calculations, Empirical approach, Guidelines, etc.
3. CAD, GD&T and Tolerance analysis ( 3DCS/ CETOL)
• 3D modelling , 2D detailing, Assembly, Surfacing, Model Preparation from IGES, Missing surface, Draft, etc.
• Advance CAD – Free form surfacing, Kinematic, DMU, Clash, Mechanism, Wiring, Piping design, etc.
• Reverse Engineering.
• CNC, Tool path generation.
• CAE/Simulate analysis for strength and stiffness
4. Quality Standards, DFR
5. Manufacturing Processes
• Stamping, Tooling, Mold, etc.
6. VA/VE, and PLM Overview
7. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.