Product Design: Aerospace Engineering Design
Course Structure Description
At IKSC, students can learn about the evolution of aircraft industry, current growth, Design philosophy, Detailed design considerations for aircraft
Target Audience:• Students at early stage of engineering analysis career.
• Students & professionals from engineering disciplines like- Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, Production, Aeronautical and pilots with an engineering background can opt for this course.
1. Evolution Of Aerospace Industry and growth
• Classification, Aerospace Terminologies, Construction, Regularly requirement, Units / Consistency, etc.
• Technologies involved for various system, Specification, Major functions, Evolution, Different types of const.
• Material - Specifications, Selection, Database search, manufacturing processes etc.
2. NPI for Airplane
• Overview of Aircraft design program, design Principles, role and responsibilities of team, etc
• BOM, Subsystems, Part nomenclature, etc
• DESIGN CONCEPTS, AERODYNAMICS, STRUCTURE & MAT, PROPULSION, SYS AND EQUIP ,WEIGHTS, PERFORMANCE, STABILITY & CONTROL, OPERATING ECO, NOISE.
3. Six Sigma DMAIC, DFSS, Quality Standard AS9100B, DFR
4. Manufacturing and Assembly
• Component Mfg, Assembly, Die design and Tooling etc.
5. CAD, GD&T ( 3DCS, CETOL tolerance analysis)
• Model Preparation, Detailing, Parametric modeling, from Class A surface, Missing surface, Draft, etc.
• CAE analysis for strength and stiffness
6. VA/VE and PLM/PDM
7. Aircraft Flying Basics
8. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality Standards, MS office, Interview Skills, etc.