Home Courses Product Styling
Product Styling: New Concept, Sketching, Modelling, Development etc.
Course Structure DescriptionAutomotive Interior, exterior, consumer goods, all has evolved in shape and sizes over time, and the style has been a prime importance in reflecting its character. Industry needs expertise that will help them in innovating designs. This course is for those who want to stand out as a Product styling professional.
• This can be learned in all stages of an engineering career.
• Students of engineering discipline like Mechanical, Automotive, Production & Industrial
• 3rd year onward can qualify to take this course.
1. Product Design Basics
• Customer expectations, Branding, Specification, Ergonomics, etc. Evolution, Different types of constructions, Benchmarking etc .
2. NPI and Product Development
• Product design program, Design milestones, BOM, Subsystems, Part nomenclature, Design steps, Packaging, Kinematics, Costing, Fit & Finish.
3. Graphical (Sketching, Drawing, Painting) (SketchUp Pro, Alias)
• Pencil Sketching, Using markers, Learning digital graphics on Wacom Cintiq Tablets, Creating flyers, Logo, Brochures, Survey, Roadshow, etc.
• Painting, Photography, Video shooting, Editing,
4. CAD, GD&T
• 3D CAD, Assembly, Free form surfacing, Parametric modelling from IGES/ Class A surface
• CAE analysis for strength and stiffness
5. Manufacturing Processes
• Tooling, Mould, Stamping, etc.
6. Clay Modelling
• Model Preparation from IGES, from Class A surface, Missing surface, Draft, etc.
7. Six Sigma (Theory and application): DMAIC and DFSS
8. VA/VE, and PLM Overview
9. Soft skills, Employability enhancement
• Communication skills, Time Mgt, Project Mgt, Quality.